Firework Night Information at St Thomas More Catholic School
As bonfire night approaches we encourage everyone to enjoy it, but also keep themselves and others safe! Below are a few safety points from Tyne & Wear Fire Service.
- Please make sure you and your family have a safe and enjoyable bonfire period. Where possible, always attend an organised fireworks display
- Never misuse fireworks, they can cause serious, life changing injury and even death
- Never build your own bonfire, it is illegal and they can get out of control very quickly. They can also collapse easily, causing serious burns and even death
- It is illegal to buy fireworks under the age of 18 years old, or handle them in public places. Stick to attending organised displays!
- Firefighters can’t be in two places at once. If we’re putting out a bonfire, we can’t respond to people who may really need our help. For example, in house fires or road accidents
- Firefighters respond to incidents in order to prevent injury and save life, as well as protecting the environment. Physical and verbal attacks on our fire crews will not be tolerated and puts theirs and other people’s lives at risk